Ads 468x60px

Friday, November 2, 2012

Sleeping Dream vs Awake Dream



I am not sure whether the dream what I have been nursing gradually in my mind at all matches with the real life scenario. No one opposes me to live freely and to move freely in my dream world. My dream world is so sweet, that I don’t like to come out of that. That’s the dream I like to dream while I am awake.

When we sleep we may or may not dream. Dreams have been seen as a connection to unconscious. There are different types of dreams, such as frightening, exciting, magical, adventurous, or sexual. Most dreams last about 5 to 20 minutes. A man, if dreams about 2 hours per night, typically he spends almost six years dreaming.

The content of the sleeping dream remains beyond the control of the dreamer. People say, dream is nothing but a reflection of what we think or try to do in our conscious or sub-conscious mind. Although many of the dreams we often forget after getting from sleep, yet some people try to find out meaning of dreams. When someone sees a terrifying dream, it is interpreted as the result of physical or psychological weakness.

Opinion about meaning of dreams varied through time and culture. In Islam, Prophets of Allah (God) have received His messages in their dreams. In the ancient days astrologers used to be called by kings to interpret meanings of their dreams. The earliest recorded dream dates back approximately 5,000 years. Australian Neurologist Sigmund Freud wrote extensively about dream theories and interpretations. He explained dreams as manifestations of deepest desires and anxieties. He also related dreams to repressed childhood memories or obsessions. Freud developed psychological techniques to interpret dreams and devised series of guidelines to understand symbols that appear during dreams. Now a day, it is very easy to find out the meaning of dreams. There are various books and websites that provide meaning of dreams.

There is also a kind of dream where the dreamer has little control over his dream, which is called lucid dream.  The person gets aware that he is dreaming. The term was coined by the Dutch psychiatrist and writer Frederik (Willem) van Eeden (1860–1932). In a lucid dream, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over their participation within the dream or be able to manipulate their imaginary experiences in the dream environment.
Many a time we want to see our most loving person in the dream. Especially, if our most loving person had left us forever, his/her presence in the dream becomes more desirous. For me, I am eager to meet my mom in my dream, whom we lost before eight years. I want to meet her very often. And my dream is the only way that makes it possible. I become ever jolly, whenever I can dream her. That makes me so cheerful that I sense my mom is just beside me.

But, the dream which one dreams while remain awake, is fully within the control of one’s imaginary power. There is no boundary or restriction of one’s imaginary power. You can dream whatever you feel like. In this dream if someone wants to marry a prince, he does not need permission from the prince or anyone else.

Dream – be awake of while sleeping is always dream. Dreams are never fully true, except those dream by the messengers of God. Whatsoever, we like to dream good dreams, whether sleeping or remaining awake.

                                                 – Sultana Parvin


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Visitors

Flag Counter

Have you liked it?